Monday, January 10, 2011

No More Slacking in 2011

Since May, I have been very "slackidasical" with my blogging.  Yes, this is a fictional term that I use to describe someone that is slacking and doesn't even care.  Going forward this will not be the case.  I started this blog to motivate people to live healthier, happier, more fulfilling lives. In 2011, I intend to refocus on creating a blog that encourages people to interact and motivate one another via comments, email, and twitter.  In my opinion, the easiest way to stay motivated is to interact with others that have similar goals and ambitions.  Let this be that portal.  With 2011 finally here, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!  Also, don't forget to dream big as you carry out your 2011 New Year's resolutions. I have posted my 2011 New Year's resolutions below for you to see.
  1. Spend time with God daily
  2. Take at least one vacation with just my wife (minimum of 4 days and 3 nights)
  3. Wake up at 5:30 AM during the week to train (This is harder than it sounds!)
  4. Run a minimum of 20 miles each week (0 for 1 so far, but you can track my mileage at dailymile)
  5. Complete a marathon
  6. Complete an ultra marathon (A 50k is good enough for me.)
  7. Post twice a week on this blog (I'm off to a bad start with this one)  
  8. Read at least one book per month
  9. Call/email a different friend each week
  10. Convert my 1978 Schwinn to a fixed gear or working 10 speed with original handlebars
What are your 2011 New Year's resolutions?  Have you gotten off to a good start?  I hope everyone has a wonderful year, and I look forward to interacting with you along the way.  Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment