Sunday, May 29, 2011

Have You Heard of Pinterest?

A few weeks ago, my wife told me about Pinterest.  The site is used to create personalized boards about various topics.  Then, you pin photos or charts to the boards as you run across them on the Internet.  At first I was skeptical, but I started to wonder how could I use this site to improve my blog and keep up with fun photos I take or find on the Internet.  After much debate (internally), I decided that I should use this site to document races I have run, motivate myself for future races, keep track of my favorite running/biking gear, plan vacations, and just have fun.  Unlike many sites, you don't just create a user name and start pinning pictures.  Instead, you must request an invite and wait for a response.  This may sound pointless to many of you, but I thought it was kind of cool.  Either way, earlier this week I received my long awaited invitation (please remember that patience is not my virtue) to join Pinterest.  I am new to this, but it seems fun and it may prove to be useful.  Only time will tell, but I wanted to post this so that others can check out my Pinterest page and/or request an invite themselves.  If any of you are already on Pinterest, please let me know so that I can follow your pins.   

No comments:

Post a Comment