Sunday, May 15, 2011

Taking My Nike Free Run+ 2's for a Test Drive

As many of you may know, I really liked my first pair of Nike Free Run+ running shoes, so I decided to buy a pair of Nike's newest Free Run+ 2 running shoes.  As expected, I love them.  According to Running Warehouse, the new Free Run+ 2 is slightly heavier than the original Free Run+ (.5 ounces to be exact), but I can't tell the difference.

Now for the fun part.  On Saturday, I decided to go for my first real run since my Marathon on April 30th.  It was a beautiful day, and I was cruising along when police car pulled out in front of me with his lights flashing.  I was confused to say the least.  He pulled up beside me and proceeded to say, "Sir, I'm going to have to pull you over.  Those shoes are blinding."  Then, he chuckled and we briefly discussed the fact that oncoming traffic will have no problem spotting me. 

I'm still not sure if he was bored, jealous, or simply complimenting my shoes.  Either way, I love my new Nike Free Run+ 2 running shoes.  Yes, I love the way they feel, but more importantly I love the way they look.  Do you have any funny running stories to share, or an opinion on Nike's new Free Run+ 2 running shoes?  If so, we're waiting....


No comments:

Post a Comment