Sunday, March 14, 2010

Running is Running

Yesterday, I completed my first race in about 7 years.  I have run regularly for about 3 years, but I just recently got the urge to start running races.  In the past, I have always run to relax, destress, and think, but I am ready to take my running to the next level.  Yesterday marked the start of this journey, and I must admit that I LOVED it! (once the butterflies settled and I started to relax) 

Anxiously Awaiting the Start!

I jumped head first into the racing scene by deciding to tackle a tough 15k course.  The weather was less than ideal, and I was a nervous wreck prior to the start.  I knew that I was ready for the distance, but the idea of racing was intimidating.  Once I got to the course and checked in, I started to feel a little more comfortable, but I was still on edge .  Then, once the horn sounded, I started to relax.  Due to adrenaline, I started a little faster than I planned, but I settled into a nice pace and slowly realized that running is running, whether you are racing, training, or relaxing.  If you are a runner that has never considered running in a race, I urge you to give it a shot.  You may find that it is very rewarding and provides you with a strong sense of accomplishment.  Please share stories about your first race with me and my readers.  Enjoy the journey, and I look forward to reading your stories!
   
Nearing the Finish Line!!
(Time-1:17:27; Pace-8:19) 

No comments:

Post a Comment