Thursday, March 4, 2010

Training for a Cause: Soles 4 Souls

Going forward, I will be training for a cause.  I have decided to donate $10 to Soles 4 Souls for every 100 miles that I log on dailymile.com.  As of today, Soles 4 Souls has provided over 7 million pairs of shoes to people around the world.  They distribute a new pair of shoes every nine seconds, and I wanted to be a part of such a great cause.  I am closing in on my first 100 miles logged, and I can't wait to make my first $10 donation.  I encourage everyone to train for a cause.  It is rewarding in so many ways and it seems to make those early morning or late evening runs seem a lot easier.  Especially when it's freezing outside!  Just knowing that someone else will benefit from your efforts makes all the difference in the world.  Feel free to join me in supporting Soles 4 Souls by clicking on the link under my dailymile counter or visiting  http://www.soles4soulsfundraising.org/timothy_wakefield.  I truly believe that this is a wonderful organization that is working towards a very noble cause, and I look forward to supporting them for many years to come.  My goal for the remainder of this year is to log a minimum  of 2000 miles, which would translate into $200 worth of donations.  It is important for you to understand that every penny matters and if you have an interest in helping out this organization please click on the link provided above.  I look forward to sharing this journey with you, and I hope that this encourages you to find a way to help make this world a better place.  Please track my progess and provide input along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment